Monday, May 6, 2013

Sweet Corn on a Sweet Sunday



A friend of mine from Iowa was talking it up about his southern style sweet corn recipe, so, that’s what we made. I added a signature salad for the meal to add more vegetables, oil, and nutrients. We decided to cook the corn on a pan for about 7 minutes. The duration of the time,  I turned the corn consistently and seasoned with sugar, salt, pepper, and other spices added behind my back from my roommate.  The corn turned out a little burnt and very spicy; a perfect blend on a beautiful Sunday morning.  For the salad, I was influenced by the sun when incorporating ingredients into my dish. I added an apple, yellow pepper, lettuce, honey, oil, and vinegar, onion, broccoli, among other little scraps I could find. This meal was filling and delightful in terms of nutritious and delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment