Sunday, May 5, 2013

Campus Club Field Trip

I had always wondered about the Campus Club and who went to eat there before this field trip. I had delivered balloons from the bookstore there multiple times for events but never really understood its purpose, or even knew of its existence (!), until recently. I was so excited to learn that we would have to opportunity to eat there and even meet the chef! Meeting Beth was so much fun, it was fascinating to hear her stories and learn about what exactly she does and where she came from. I think what she is doing with the menu at the Club is wonderful and makes it a very desirable place to eat. I wish more people were aware of it and could appreciate all she has to offer. 

I thought the way she completely changed the type of food the Campus Club served was amazing. It cannot be easy to completely turn a restaurant around like that but it is great that she did. I am also amazed by how she is able to keep her food budget down so much even when she is buying organic and locally. Hearing about how much she loves her job was very encouraging. A lot of people I know aren't thrilled with their jobs so hearing her perspective gave me hope for my own future. 

Beth made us a delicious meal of curry veggies and rice. I don't usually like curry, but this was very tasty!! I even got seconds. When I left, I was stuffed full. It was a really nice meal to have as our last together!
The bar of the club, I felt quite underdressed when I walked in here!!


I wish I was able to come up here to get lunch! It would be so much healthier and tastier than the basement of Coffman..


All of the delicious ingredients for the curry!! I'd love to try and make this myself!
The beautiful view that no one knows about!! Too bad it wasn't nicer out that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment