Saturday, May 4, 2013

Challenge Recipe- Co-op Style

Well, this week I decided to go to the Eastside Co-op, since I have never shopped at it before. I was on a mission to may quesadilla's for Cinco de Mayo :p
 
I didn't use a recipe. I used my fav ingredients that I thought would taste good in a tortilla.
I used black beans, zucchini, red bell peppers, and onions (not shown).
 
I cooked the onions for a bit and then added the red pepper and zucchini.
 
I put the cheese and other ingredients on a whole wheat tortilla on the oiled pan and browned it.
 
And there you go! A tasty meal for REALLY cheap! When I went to the co-op, I noticed that the organic food there was much cheaper than the organic food at Target or Rainbow. It was also in better shape.
 
 
Cost of one serving of Quesadillas:
Red Bell Pepper $0.67
Zucchini $0.31
Beans $0.36
Tortilla $0.37
Cheese $0.63
Onion $0.25
Total: $1.96
 
For two: $5.18
 
And for dessert, baked apples! $1.24 per apple, which equals $2.48 for two.
 
For Quesadillas and baked apples for two, it cost $7.66!!!
 
I think if I did this again, I would buy ingredients for salsa and/or sour cream since I had plenty of money left over. I, also, think that this was a simple recipe and it probably would have been more difficult if I were making a more elaborate recipe.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment