Monday, May 6, 2013

Pizza with Arugula, Potatoes, Caramalized Spring Onions and Mozzarella

For my last recipe this weekend I decided to use our instructor's cookbook that I purchased from her. This recipe is to be found on page 114 of Cooking Up the Good Life. This was the first time I made homemade pizza crust on my own, and it turned out great, somewhat thick, but very filling!
 My boyfriend and I decided to do our own toppings, since he is more of the tomato sauce man versus trying new things, which was fine since I had taken the jar of tomatoes we canned in class. He topped his pizza with turkey bacon, onion and some bell peppers.
 I topped mine with arugula, spring onions, an orange bell pepper and potatoes. This was a very unique recipe with a great combination of these ingredients! These pizzas were both fresh and filling. We couldn't even finish one pizza so they were great for leftovers the next 2 days! 

No comments:

Post a Comment