Sunday, May 5, 2013

Guacomole

So last week, Sunday night, it was crunch time! After a busy weekend of springjam-ing, and with a busy week of class work ahead, I figured I would make something quick and easy... GUACOMOLE! Even though it was the one week where stepping out of Bittman was encouraged, I went ahead and used his recipe anyways (page 94).

I ended up doing my shopping at the Byerlys up near University (since I had to stop in that part of town for other reasons), and after running in to an old coworker, I asked how to tell if an avocado is ripe. I had been standing and grabbing various avocados for about 3 minutes at that point trying to create a rationale for why one was more or less ripe than the other, and all I really had to do was see if the "bump" at the end was ready to push over.


Making it was really pretty easy. Peal avocados, add in bowl, add garlic, lime juice, salt, pepper, I think I may have added some chili powder too. For mashing it, I actually ended up using an metal whisk, which worked really well. The end result tasted delicious, as  I casually walked around my house offering chips and guac to my roommates.




No comments:

Post a Comment