Monday, February 11, 2013

A disaster done well



This challenge recipe definitely challenged my capability of solving cooking substitutions. To solve the egg substitute, I remembered my vegan friend saying to use ¼ cup of applesauce and baking soda in exchange for eggs. I added cinnamon to the applesauce because that’s how I like it. For the flour the recipe a student used on the blog about chips reminded me of my roommates saltine crackers (close enough). I crumbled the crackers along with grating the zucchini, onion, and mixed all the ingredients together. However, not paying attention to the further instructions, I mixed the oil and the crackers too soon and the pancakes turned into a mesh of delicious ingredients that wouldn’t cook into a pancake. In efforts to save my deliciously smelling disaster I added tomatoes, and my personally touch, honey and created a zucchini, unexpected quesadilla. Fortunately when I asked my roommates to taste test they loved it, and noted the taste of cinnamon distinctly which intrigued me since I used so little.

Well, here is my beautifully, improvised disaster. The experience was still a delight, and the taste testers were left pleased as well as I.


No comments:

Post a Comment