Monday, February 11, 2013

Banana Pancakes (Challenge Recipe)


For this weeks challenge recipe I made gluten free pancakes.  There is a ton of different ways that you can make gluten free pancakes and there are a million different recipes online.  Seeing as I do not like squash or Zucchini I choose to make something a little different but still took in to consideration the recipe on page 355.
 I would like to try a recipe that includes whey protein one day, however I do not have any of that on hand so I did some research and choose this super simple recipe:
            1 Large Banana
            1 Large Egg
            Blueberrys (optional)

This is the easiest thing I have ever made.  All you need to do is mash the banana in a bowl and then stir the egg in and pour the mixture into a heated frying pan.








The part that I had trouble with was flipping the pancake. I think that if you make smaller cakes and flip them quickly you wouldn’t have the same problem.  I didn't take a picture of the end result because by the time I got it on to my plate it was pretty crumbled, but still delicious!










Overall I was a little skeptical on how this pancake would taste but it ended up having a great typical pancake texture and tasted like warm banana bread.  I think the blueberrys added some demention and I didn’t even feel the need to add any topping because of the blueberrys.  This is so quick and easy I will defiantly be making them again!

No comments:

Post a Comment