Sunday, February 24, 2013

Mushroom Risotto

This recipe is found on page 467 of the textbook, but I added some ingredients and steps. I started off by adding garlic and zucchini with the onion to brown it up and added some chicken sausages for more protein. When all of the ingredients were browned I soaked them in some white wine and added to the rice then to absorb the wine flavor and the fat and flavors of the mix-ins. I didn't really follow the recipe all that closely, I just used it as a guide since I make this often. At the end I added more than the recommended amount of cheese and added pecorino to the parmesan for one extra gooey outcome. Overall it tasted fantastic, but I have been making this dish a while and perfecting my skills as I go. If I had a signature dish, this would have to be it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment