Sunday, February 17, 2013

Cheesecake and Chocolate Ganache

This weekend I decided to make cheesecake from scratch. I found the recipe on page 916 for the cheesecake and 920 for the chocolate ganache frosting. I always make my tattoo artist a baked good of some sort when I go in, this time I asked for requests. I ended up making two so my roommates and I could enjoy one as well. I made a few adaptations to the original recipe; added some butter to the frosting to make it richer and added a layer of chocolate chips in between the graham cracker pie crust and the cheesecake.
I was surprised at the outcome of the cake. I know how to cook but I always end up messing up on the baking. I was so proud of my cheesecake and everyone loved it.






I didn't have a cake pan so my pizza pan worked great for the added chocolate =)


I would definitely recommend it for a weekend, made the house smell great for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment