Monday, February 11, 2013

Challenge Recipe- Gluten Free Zucchini Pancakes

Bittman, p. 355

My attempt at our first challenge recipe went fairly well; especially since my roommates actually ate my gluten free zucchini pancakes because they liked them, not simply to make me feel better! (See picture below)... For the egg and wheat substitutes, I went with my own judgment/experimentation. For the egg, I used a combination of plain Kefir and almond milk. This made my mixture a bit runny, so I simply added a bit more of my flour substitute- Bob's Red Mill brand of gluten free all purpose baking flour- to make it more thick. Overall, I had fun experimenting with this challenge recipe, and I was very skeptical at first as to whether they would turn out, but my roommates and I ate them all and like them!






End product, and proof that my roommates ate them and actually enjoyed them! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment