Sunday, February 17, 2013

Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies....

Bittman, p. 880

For this weeks blog, I decided to feed my sweet tooth. I wanted to make a simple chocolate chip cookie and see how it differed from ones I have made in the past. Because I had leftover gluten free all purpose flour, and what was left of my all natural butter spread, I decided to whip up a batch with some tweaked ingredients. The recipe called for...

-1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
-3/4 cups granulated sugar
-3/4 cups brown sugar
-2 eggs
-2 cups all-purpose flour
-1/2 teaspoon baking soda
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-2 cups chopped good-quality semisweet chocolate (about 8 ounces)

...I  didn't think it was possible to make horrible chocolate chip cookies until this batch, if you can even call it that! I'm not entirely sure what went so wrong; maybe it was the gluten free flour, the butter substitute, or just my general lack of precision with measurements... Whatever it was, they went horribly wrong. I believe my roommate said the dough tasted like grass. Not to mention I forgot to spray the pan so we were scraping the "cookies" straight off the pan! hahaha it was quite the experience. I needed to redeem myself, so I made another half of a batch with the correct ingredients; the cookies were MUCH better, and here are the results! ---







No comments:

Post a Comment