Sunday, February 24, 2013

Fruit Salad

Today I decided to make a fruit salad. I could not find a recipe in Bittman that I liked so I decided to use the recipe that my grandma taught me growing up. Every summer my family would travel to my grandparent's house for the Fourth of July and we would make a fruit salad to have at the picnic. This is not the exact recipe This recipe is extremely easy and only takes about ten minutes from start to finish. This is also a great way to use up a lot of fruit before it goes bad.

Here is what I used:

1 apple
1 orange
1/2 cup grapes
1/2 cup blueberries
1 banana
1 cup strawberry yogurt





So overall this wasn't the best looking dish ever but it tasted amazing. next time I hope to have more yogurt so I can make a larger batch but it will be nice to have fruit salad to have as a side for a few meals anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment