Sunday, February 10, 2013

Cilantro Pasta


For my first challenge recipe, I decided to make something that was vegetarian/vegan friendly. I started by making a cilantro sauce and then added things until I was satisfied and thought I covered enough food groups. 

Ingredients:
  • Cilantro
  • Corn
  • Black beans
  • Pasta (I used rotini)
  • Red bell pepper
  • Lime
  • Extra virgin olive oil
  • Garlic





When I made the cilantro sauce, I used the recipe on pg. 28 of How To Cook Everything. I added more garlic and lime juice than the recipe calls for and omitted the salt. 

I mixed all the components together with the sauce and some more lime juice. The final dish was very tasty and very colorful. It was a little starchy because it had both beans and pasta but the cilantro and lime made it taste not so heavy. 



Yum. 



No comments:

Post a Comment