Sunday, February 10, 2013

Chicken Pineapple Quesadilla


Since the first recipe I cooked wasn’t a huge success, I decided to make something this week that I have had a little more experience with, quesadillas.  The recipe in the book (p 37) is fairly basic and only includes cheese so I decided to spice it up a bit.  After getting a few different ideas from googling “quesadilla recipes” I knew that I wanted to make a chicken, pineapple and cheese quesadilla.  By the time I finished grocery shopping I had also decided to add some black beans, salsa, and a jalapeno to my creation.




While cooking the chicken I diced up the pineapple and jalapeños and put the black beans in the microwave. 










Once the chicken was fully cooked, I added the pineapple and jalapenos and sautéed them for a few minutes while I browned the tortilla in a different pan.  









Instead of using two tortillas I just put the sautéed mix on half and choose to fold it in half, however I ended up over browning the tortilla and it ended up pretty crunchy.  I added the black beans, cheese and salsa and even with the crispy tortilla it was probably the best quesadillas I have ever had. 

No comments:

Post a Comment