Monday, February 11, 2013


Zucchini Pancakes Challenge

Pancakes without wheat or eggs! What a challenge…. Luckily I found some substitutions that worked 
wonderfully. According to Le Cordon Bleu, corn meal can be used instead of flour in some cases. I figured it would work well here since it may be reminiscent of corn bread. As for the eggs, some sources such as Chef in You suggested using a mashed banana as a binder. I figured that it had a sticku enough consistency to bind the ingredients. It worked well, but I had to add almost twice the amount of corn meal to bind the mixture. After cooking them in oil, they turned out with a nice crunchy crust from the corn meal. I would almost prefer this to flour! All of my roommates have been asking me for the recipe, so I’ll take that as a success.



The finished product: crunchy, delicious, and gluten-free!






-Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment