Sunday, February 10, 2013

Stir-Fried Tofu with Bell Peppers

pg 447 Bittman

I decided make this recipe because I never really eat tofu. Tofu has always had a weird texture/taste, but I thought if I learned how to prepare it correctly, I might like it :)


I began by freezing the tofu and then thawing it in the fridge. I squeezed most of the water out of it so it would soak up as much flavor as it could. I probably wouldn't freeze it next time.

This part was making the Ginger-Sesame Sauce from Cooking Up the Good Life pg 32. I sauteed the ginger and garlic together in some sesame oil. (I actually marinated the tofu in this sauce over night to get full flavor.)

 
 
I sauteed the onions and peppers together in canola oil because I didn't have any grapeseed oil. Probably not the best idea, since the canola oil was so strong.
 
 
 
 
This was the final product. The tofu had a piecy texture and the stir-fry was really oily. I just added some of the ginger sesame sauce at the end and it tasted better :)
 



 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment