Tuesday, February 26, 2013

DOUBLE BATCH!


So this week, I am posting what I cooked on Sunday night, as well as what I made and neglected to post the Thursday of the previous week.

The recipe for humus can be found in the Bittman book on page 93. It was very simple to do!


 The food processor I had access to made things incredible easy. It was really just dump in all the ingredients and pulse to the desired consistency. After the first orund of processing, I added in a little extra lemon juice.

I've since made this humus a second time, and will probably be keeping a can of chick peas on hand, so when the urge for humus hits--I'll be prepared.

This past weekend I ate rather unhealthily, so by Sunday night I felt like I had to compensate.

I found a recipe for Kale with Tahini (which I conveniently had left over from the humus) on page 309. It was really simple, just adding some garlic, tahini, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to the chopped kale while its cooked on the stove top.




 Kale typically has a pretty strong flavor (as far as greens go), and the simplicity of the recipe really helped to let it come through and compliment it, as opposed to covering it up or fighting it. I just about force fed it to everybody I could find, and people generally thought it tasted good. My vegetarian roommate said the tahini didn't really come through, so I will definitely consider increasing it when I make this again.


No comments:

Post a Comment