Sunday, February 3, 2013

Fresh Tomato Salsa

Bittman pg. 23

This week, I thought it would be a good idea to make something that I could bring to a Super Bowl party. I started flipping through the Appetizer section in the Bittman book but nothing jumped out at me as a good game time snack. When I turned to the index, salsa was the first thing that I read and it seemed perfect!

Because I planned on making a lot of salsa, I used a can of diced tomatoes in addition to the fresh tomatoes that the recipe calls for.




This recipe is intended for a chunkier type of salsa but since I wanted mine a bit smoother, I threw it in the blender for a few seconds.



I also played around with the amount of chile and ended up making 3 different salsas with varying intensities of heat.




I think it turned out well and judging on how much is left, I think my friends thought the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment