Monday, February 11, 2013

Tostones :) (Fried plantains if you don't speak Español)

As I mentioned in my post for the challenge recipe, I was flipping through the cookbook and came across fried plantains. I made these once in Spanish class junior year of high school and wanted to re-live the wonderful memories of high school (joke..) In reality, I picked it because it had three ingredients ;)... I'll do a harder one next week I promise!! This recipe can be found on page 335.


Ingredients:
Plantains
Oil
Salt
Raw Plantain Warning: Not as delicious as a banana!

Cookin in the skillet. It was best if the oil was hot

After the first fry

Plantains are supposed to be fried twice, but I didn't have time :( Even without the second fry they were pretty good however! Just like a thick cut potato chip. If I would have had more time, I would have smashed them like you're supposed to, let them sit an hour and fry them again. Next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment