Sunday, February 17, 2013

Granola and Granola Bars

I began first with the granola recipe on pg 821 of Bittman. It was pretty basic. I only used cashews for the "mixed nuts" and raisins for the dried fruit. I didn't have a baking sheet, so I used a cake pan. I don't know if it was the pan or the fact that I accidentally turned the oven off that made the granola take so long to cook. Oh, well. The granola turned out pretty tasty.
 
 





The overall outcome was to make granola bars. So, I used the recipe on pg 905 of Bittman to make the granola bars. I put the granola in a bowl and mixed the oil, honey, and brown sugar in. I think that 3/4 cup of honey and 1/2 cup of brown sugar made them way too sweet. They were pretty sticky so I rolled them in some more granola after letting them sit for some time. Then, I individually wrapped them so they are ready for on-the-go snacks :) Overall, the flavor was tasty and I will probably make them again, but with a little less honey next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment