Sunday, February 10, 2013

Oven-Baked Ratatouille

This week for the challenge recipe I decided to do a vegan and vegetarian dish. I found the recipe on page 373 of the red hardcover textbook. I decided to split the recipe into two different baking dishes so I could add cheese to one. I wanted to keep the vegan theme so my roommates girlfriend could devour as much as I did. The recipe was super simple to follow and was basically a veggie casserole. I added bread crumbs just to give it a little more texture and soak up some of the olive oil.
Overall it tasted pretty good, but it definitely needed a starch to go with it. It wasn't as filling as I thought it would be. The next day I used some leftovers in an omelette and it tasted so delicious. The only change I would make is less onions, it was a little overwhelming.
The eggplant is in the strainer. I did the salting as mentioned on page 293 to remove the bitternes. 


There was one more pan (the vegan one) with no cheese on top.


~Coley Aronson

No comments:

Post a Comment