Monday, April 15, 2013

Black Bean Burgers

This week I wanted to use my can of black beans that has been sitting on my self for awhile.  I had never had a black bean burger but since we have been making burgers out of a lot of different things in lab I figured that I would give it a shot.  I got this recipe from Bittman online, heres the link http://www.food.com/recipe/the-simplest-bean-burgers-mark-bittman-335266.

I only wanted to make 1 burger so I had to cut the recipe in 1/4 and ended up with the mixture being a little bit too wet so I added extra oats which helped it stick together better.  I also added some ground flax see to the mixture to add some extra nutrients in there.  Once it was done I put some avocado on top and ate it was some spicy salsa.  I was surprised at how well it turned out! I was a little nervous seeing as I had never even eaten a black bean burger before but with the salsa and avocado it was delicious.



No comments:

Post a Comment