Sunday, April 28, 2013

Sweet Potato Gnocchi

Bittman pg. 550

Since I knew that this week was going to be pretty busy, I decided to make this recipe ahead of time. Regrettably, that means that my recipe is from Bittman yet again. I was inspired by the gnocchi we made in lab a few weeks ago and wanted to give it a shot of my own. I remembered that I had some awesome sweet potato gnocchi at Trader Joes once so I wanted to replicate that.


I pretty much followed the recipe in the book, adding in some spices to better compliment the sweet potato. Unfortunately, it is really inconvenient to take pictures while making the little dumplings so I didn’t get any of rolling out the dough. I boiled the gnocchi in some salted water until they had been floating for a bit.

I finished of my gnocchi by tossing it in some browned butter and cinnamon. Yum! I think they turned out really well! They were a little dense but definitely not too bad. I'd say they were comparable to any pre-packaged gnocchi that you can buy at a store. I consider this a success and plan on trying it out a couple more times until I can get it perfect, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment