Monday, April 1, 2013

Deviled Eggs :)

Since they did not really turn out as expected in lab, I thought I'd try to make a new batch of deviled eggs for my family. Deviled eggs is kind of a tradition in my family, we used to dye the eggs and then bring them to my grandparents to make on easter. This year my grandparents were on vacation however so we had to spend easter without them. We were just going out for brunch, but since I had to make something for class I brought the tradition back and made some eggs!

I partially used the directions on pages 84 and 791 to hard boil and devil the eggs. From my productive time spent on pinterest, I learned that putting baking soda in the water with the eggs helps get the shells off more easily. This worked like a charm and the evidence is below! It was surprisingly fun to take the shells off this year!

a nicely done egg :) no softness here!


Using my dad's recommendations, I ended up using mayo, Dijon mustard, capers, parsley, salt, pepper, and "fancy" paprika in the yolk mixture.


They were a hit! Everyone enjoyed the Easter treat and I got quite a few compliments! 

No comments:

Post a Comment