Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter + Chicken Cous Cous Lettuce Wraps


This post is a little over do, but with Easter weekend and working 14 hours on Monday for the Twins opener game I wasn't able to find time to post until now.  I have a combination of a few different things going on for this past week, but I will start with Easter brunch.




 My Family hosted Easter brunch this sunday and I helped out with the cooking, which included some breakfast sausages, which were just fried up in a skillet, 18 eggs, which we scrambled.  We also made my personal favorite, Cheesy Hash browns,  and a Ham, that we added a cup of water too and cooked for an hour in the oven.  We kept everything fairly simple but it was all delicious none the less and I am always thankful to get to spend some time at home with my family!
For my official blog post this week I was inspired by some Lettuce Wraps that my friend ordered when we were out to eat this past weekend.  After cooking grains in lab I decided to try something other than the typical rice that I normally make, and picked up some cous cous at the store.  The only kind I could find was in a box and cooked in ten minuets but it ended up needing about 2 times as much water as the box instructed.  It was quick and easy to make and one serving made a lot so I had extra for later. As always I was nervous cooking the chicken because I can never seem to cook it so it turns out not raw or burnt.  However, this time seemed to be the charm!  I used two tenderloins and defrosted them in the microwave first and cooked them over about a teaspoon of olive oil, which was much better than the Pam I typically use.  The chicken turned out perfect, fully cooked and not burnt! I think it helped that they were smaller pieces and I cooked them on low heat.  I put some sweet red pepper asian sauce on the top of everything which added some extra flavor and it turned out to be one of my favorite meals so far! 





No comments:

Post a Comment