Sunday, April 21, 2013

Scrambled Eggs (jazzed up)!

Although I thoroughly enjoy eating greek yogurt, honey, flax seed, and homemade granola in the mornings for breakfast, I thought it might nice to change things up. I settled on good ol' scrambled eggs. Scrambled eggs were actually the only way I ever ate eggs growing up, besides in an egg bake. No sunny side up, no hard boiled. And then I didn't even like scrambled eggs for a while... but I now see the light of eggs and seek the high protein content.

I decided to start with Bittman's scrambled egg recipe on 797 of How to Cook Everything. I had no milk so I skipped it, and I decided on adding cheese and green pepper which I had lying around. I then also decided to season them up a bit and go for a chipotle flavor. By looking through the spice rack I ended up adding in a bit of salt, pepper, paprika, onion salt, and then I found some ground chipotle pepper powder (I may have borrowed it from a roommate...) to add in.

The result was delicious! Eggs are something that I still think by themselves are boring, however there is so much you can do to make the interesting I can't see myself getting bored.


No comments:

Post a Comment