Monday, April 15, 2013

Challenge Recipe 4

I went a little off the cuff for this challenge recipe. I'm sure Bittman has a pasta recipe, but I decided to get a little creative and make my own pasta dish. The dish had vegetable pasta (I've never heard of this before), salmon, red pepper, asparagus, onion, garlic, and tomato sauce. The end product was very delicious and was kind of a random collection of delicious ingredients. When I was looking at the products I used for this recipe, the one that caught my eye was the vegetable pasta. The box claims that the pasta has a full serving of vegetables and had a green color. From what I could tell, it was about as expensive as the other types of pasta. I didn't really see any claims around the asparagus, red peppers, onion. I know they were not organic. I looked at the organic versions and they were higher in price. I could not see a visible difference between the two versions. I think overall I couldn't visibly see the difference between the various products. Some products had different nutritional variables (their were sodium differences between the versions of tomato sauces I looked at). Here are some photos:




No comments:

Post a Comment