Sunday, April 21, 2013

Strawberry Shortcake

Because it snowed as if it were December on Thursday, I naturally decided that the most appropriate dessert for the occasion was strawberry shortcake! Okay... so maybe it wasn't exactly appropriate for snow but because it is SUPPOSED to be spring I thought I'd make something a little more seasonal. The recipe came from my favorite food blog, How Sweet it is. Here is the link: http://www.howsweeteats.com/2012/07/boozy-red-white-blueberry-shortcake-sliders-with-mascarpone-whipped-cream/

The only part I took from the recipe was for the biscuits. My dad made the whipped cream and we just put the strawberries on plain. It turned out delicious, one of the best biscuit recipes I've made so far!! They were very crunch on the outside but soft and tender in the middle!

To make biscuits, cold butter is cut into a flour mixture

Instead of individual biscuits, I decided on one massive biscuit!

It turned out so well and made it seem as if spring is here, even if we do still have snow on the ground!

No comments:

Post a Comment