Sunday, April 21, 2013

Mediterranean Millet

This week I decided to make something with millet, as I have never really cooked with it before. I adapted it from the Israeli Couscous from Cooking Up the Good Life pg 79.
 
Instead of using couscous, I used millet.
 
I was going to roast the red pepper and add that in too, but I didn't want to change it any more than I did.
I chopped up the garlic, basil, thyme, and olives.
 
 
 
 
 
And presto! The flavor was delicious! One of my fav combinations. However, I think I cooked the millet too long because it got mushy. I also think I added too much water to the pan....and I stirred it. A big no no when cooking little grains, like millet. I think next time I will add the red pepper and use a different grain. On another note, I LOVE COOKING WITH FRESH HERBS! :) That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment