Monday, April 8, 2013

Chicken Stir Fry


This week I was really craving my Mom's chicken stir fry.
Its one of my favorite meals that she makes, so I decided to try and make some on my own.  I used Bittman's recipe on page 384, but I made some modifications to simplify the recipe and to cook it to my liking.
When I talked to my mom about her recipe she told me that she put the chicken in the skillet and lets it cook before she puts any vegetables in, which is the opposite of Bittman, and other recipes I saw online, however since she had experience I decided to do it her way.

After the chicken was fully cooked I added some peas and broccoli and some "Simply Asia" spicy stir fry sauce on top of it all and let it simmer together for a few minuets.  


After everything was cooked I put the stir fry on top of some brown rice that I had also made and it was delicious! It defiantly made more then I could eat so I put the rest in a tupperware for another day.


No comments:

Post a Comment