Sunday, April 28, 2013

Crepes

I've always wanted to make crepes, since I had them a lot when I was in Europe last May. It didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped, but it wasn't horrible. I used a recipe from the internet (allrecipes.com):

1 cup all-purpose flour
2 eggs
1/2 milk
1/2 cup water
2 tbsp melted butter
salt

Crepes are supposed to be thin and slightly browned. However, mine was a little thick and it didn't brown at all. I think I put too much batter in the pan, and the pan temperature was too low. When I tried to flip it, the crepe broke in a few spots, so it got a little mangled. However, I tried to salvage it and added some peanut butter to the inside. It turned out to be a great little study snack despite a few mishaps. I definitely want to try this again to get the technique down!




No comments:

Post a Comment