Monday, April 22, 2013

Meal with yogurt!




For this week’s meal, I worked at a homeless shelter with Reece to make a well balanced MyPlate meal: Crispy Gala apples, steamed broccoli with vinegar and oil, milk (optional), chicken, and brown rice. We baked the apples for a softer bite for toddlers to eat, and sprinkled cinnamon and honey to make them a healthy dessert. The chicken was dipped in a bit of flour and seasoned with many ingredients thanks to Reece. Unfortunately I was only able to get one picture on my phone; however, Reece took many and I’m sure he will share them with you!

               

                 When I got home, I decided to make a yogurt dessert (to get a more variety of fruits in my diet as well) with some blackberries and frozen raspberries.

These are recipes that are very cheap and nutritional. The produce I chose was to show how these healthy options (a source of frozen fruit, vegetable, and grains) can be found in the smallest markets around the city areas. 



No comments:

Post a Comment