Monday, April 15, 2013

Challenge Recipe


For this assignment, I used my plate to determine what was a balanced meal. I decided that my meal would consist of tilapia, broccoli,  quinoa,  and an apple for (a delicious) dessert. Because I am a poor college student, I just bought what was cheapest/available though I did compare prices of the things that I bought.

Broccoli-- regular              $0.88/lb

                organic                $3.59/lb

Quinoa-- (only organic available) 4.59/lb

Tilapia-- frozen                  $6.99/2 lbs
(can't figure out how to rotate)

                fresh not available

apples-- regular                $ 1.29/lb

                organic               $3.59/lb

I actually made this meal for dinner tonight and it was pretty tasty.

  
 
 


(apple not pictured)

Though I didn’t opt for the more expensive versions of my food, I don’t feel as though any of the quality was lost. Not many things are in season here because it is still snowy so I wouldn't have had the benefit of having local produce. Although I do believe it is important to buy local foods, when not available I don't think that much will be sacrificed by buying regular produce.

No comments:

Post a Comment