Sunday, April 28, 2013

Garlic Smashed Potatoes

Taking a look into my sparsely stocked refrigerator, I realized I wasn't going to be making a gourmet meal tonight. Making the best of the situation, I found a few round reds, some garlic, cheese and sour cream.


Bittman's recipe is on page 339, but I did this one on my own for the most part. I boiled the potatoes whole until, when pierced with a fork, they were tender but not complete mush. Bittman suggests using milk and butter but with neither on hand, I figured I would be able to make due with sour cream. For some spice I used oregano, parsley salt, pepper, and a clove of garlic per potato because, you know, yolo.






Skins and all


 I'm a big fan of twice baked potatoes so I decided to throw them in the oven for a while with some Parmesan and pepper jack cheese on top. For our last challenge recipe I made quiche using a muffin pan and I really liked the results so I did the same for this one.



And here's the final product, a bite-sized, garlic overloaded, mashed potato appetizer.


No comments:

Post a Comment