Friday, April 5, 2013

Spicy No-Mayo Coleslaw

Since it's getting kind of nice out, I wanted to make something a little summery (and I needed to use the rest of the cabbage and red pepper in my fridge before it went bad). I made Spicy No-Mayo Coleslaw pg206 in Bittman.
 
 
 
First I mixed the Dijon mustard, vinegar, and oil with the garlic and chili pepper (I used dried chili pepper).
 
I chopped the ingredients up.
 
Then mixed them together. I ended up adding some celery seed for more flavor.
 
It was delicious plain, but it was even better in a tortilla wrap (I used a spinach tortilla).
 
I was really surprised how good this recipe was. I have tried to make a no-mayo coleslaw before, but it didn't turn out. I liked the red pepper, rather than the carrots. It gave the coleslaw a nice, crisp flavor. The chili pepper gave it just enough bite. I wouldn't do anything different next time. This recipe was simple, quick, and easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment