Sunday, April 21, 2013

Fieldtrip to the St. Paul Farmers Market

This weekend I decided to go to the St. Paul Farmers Market (which is open during the winter). They have both indoor and outdoor markets. They are located in downtown St. Paul at 290 East 5th street. The outdoor market had lots of meats and cheeses while the indoor had a variety of choices from honey, to maple syrup, and even mushroom tea. 

The above two pictures are from the outdoor market. I bought some "caged aged cheese" from the second picture people.
The indoor market was inside part of a deli market. So you can get food and coffee along with your farmers market foods.
The indoor part of the market.

My favorite stand was the honey stand. Lots of honeysticks to enjoy =)
This related to the class in a few ways. I talked to the honey table about their bees and what I learned from lecture. Also, the theme from the market is that everything is locally produced, so I asked a few stands where they  make their items and they are all from Minnesota. The cheese samples definitely made my day though. 
This has been my second time to this farmers market and I'm sure I'll be visiting again.

No comments:

Post a Comment