Sunday, April 7, 2013

Pasta with Butter and Parmesian

This week I was in the mood for a simple pasta dish, so I turned to Bittman for an alternative to jarred spaghetti pasta sauce. I found a recipe on page 140 that sounded good. To get more flavor I also added sauteed onions and sliced mushrooms to the recipe. Overall the process went very quickly; I would say the onions and mushrooms were done by the time the pasta had fully cooked. It turned out pretty delicious! Since I had enough for leftovers I also had some today for dinner, and I have to say it was much better yesterday when it was fresh. The pasta dried out in the refrigerator but the onions got limper and kind of mushy, which I didn't find appealing. To re-moisturize the pasta before eating I just tossed it with some olive oil. -Deidra A


No comments:

Post a Comment