Sunday, April 28, 2013

Chicken Black Bean Tacos/Burritos







So I am behind on posting my recipe for last week which ended up being a combo of Bittman's Bean Burritos with meat (p 273), and my own modifications.  Mine turned out to be more of a chicken taco than a burrito, but I did have black beans, salsa, cheese and some tortillas, like the Bittman recipe calls for. I came a cross a recipe for healthy chicken tacos on the internet so I decided to add some ground chicken with taco seasoning to my creation.  I also chopped up half of an onion and a jalapeño to add some flavor.  I cooked the chicken up and then cooked the beans, jalapeño and onion separately.  Once everything was cooked I put it all together in my tortillas and added cheese and salsa as well.  Then I cooked the 5 tacos in the oven at 350 for about 20 minutes just to warm up the tortillas and melt the cheese.     These were really good and pretty healthy with the lean chicken.  I was full after just one of them so I had plenty of left overs for the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment