Monday, April 8, 2013

Pork and Rice Stir Fry

I also did a variation of Bittman's stir fry from page 384. My favorite food to have for dinner at home is stir fry and I was really craving it this week! Usually at home we'll make it with either chicken or shrimp and a variety of vegetables mixed in. For seasoning, our favorite sauce is Maggie Gin's. Occasionally my dad will get fancy and use sausage or another kind of meat, but chicken is the crowd favorite.

I usually like to add broccoli, snap peas, carrots, mushrooms, and peppers in my stir fry but this time around I only had asparagus and snap peas on hand. At home, we'll occasionally get stir fry mix from costco to cut down on time, but the mushrooms always turn out mushy!!! Fresh is the best way to go.

We have a rice cooker, and I find that so much easier than cooking it on the stove. All I have to do is measure out the rice, put in some water and turn it on!

I like to take the easiest route and use a rice cooker :)


Asparagus and snap peas!

The delicious final product

No comments:

Post a Comment