Sunday, April 28, 2013

Potato Leek Soup

This week I had a lot of leeks in the refrigerator, and my roommate had lots of old potatoes, so we got together and made a potato leek soup. I didn't really follow a recipe for this; however I did a little searching on the Internet beforehand to see what sort of process to go through. I sauteed the leeks, then combined them with potatoes, milk, water, chicken broth, and some salt and pepper and cooked until the potatoes softened. To thicken the soup, I added flour and boiled until it reached a good consistency. It was really good, and I think my roommates enjoyed it as well! We all ate it on our porch because it was an absolutely gorgeous day outside! If I were to do it again I might even experiment with adding more vegetables, like carrots or corn. -Deidra A



No comments:

Post a Comment