Saturday, March 9, 2013

Amazing What you Can Do with Scraps

Since I am leaving this week to go to Tanzania, I made another italian inspired dish. However, because I had so many ingredients leftover from the Lasagna I wanted to creatively think of another dish that could use almost all of the same ingredients. I made a Pasta Salad:

Mushrooms
Green Pepper
Garlic
Tomato
Zucchini
(added) Broccoli
Arugula
Black Pepper
Basil
Noodles
I have never made a dressing for a pasta sauce so I used the way we were taught in lab on how to make a salad dressing. This included:  Olive oil, vinegar, and honey. I thought this was a create recipe to show how you can make something healthy, and simple with what you have left in your refrigerator. Also, by doing this, I saved alot of money and only had to go to the store once to make two big meals! Amazing!


No comments:

Post a Comment