Monday, March 4, 2013

Grilled Sandwich

 The moment I came across the grilled cheese sandwiches on page 166, I knew I'd have to make a grilled sandwich of some kind. When I was little, grilled cheeses were my favorite lunch. My mom would make them with white bread and american cheese slices. Eventually she upgraded and started using wheat bread and "real" cheese from a block. I still love grilled cheeses and make them all the time but I had never tried any of the variations listed on page 167. My favorite variation was the peanut butter and banana sandwich. I love eating my bananas with peanut butter on them but never made it into a sandwich. So that is what I wanted to make this week. Unfortunately, when I finally got around to making the sandwich, all I had left for fruit were Braeburn apples. My peanut butter and banana sandwich became a peanut butter and apple sandwich.
The famous AOII panini maker


A different kind of apple would have been much better, but it was an alright sandwich. Next time I'd prefer a more tart apple like a gGranny Smith or maybe even a crispy Honeycrisp would be good. I really liked the peanut butter I used: just peanuts and salt from Trader Joe's. It was a good, but I think bananas would be better than apples. 

No comments:

Post a Comment