Sunday, March 31, 2013

"Brazilian-Style" Collard Greens and not really anything else

Having feasted with the family and enjoyed further culinary expositions prepared by my epicurean mother, I wasn't hungry enough to put together a big fancy meal for my weakly blog post.  Instead, I observed my sad and wilted Collard Greens in need of use and thought they would make for a fantastic snack to top off the evening.  I went with monsieur Bittman's Brazilian-Style Collards on pg. 563 of the soft cover and pretty much stuck to the recipe. 
About as pared down as it gets...Collards and Butta
When it comes to making some sauteed greens, Bittman doesn't ask much.  And I like that about him.  Really all it took was frying up my handful of chopped greens in a pan with some salted butter.  The whole thing took 5 minutes and satisfied my needs.
Add caption

OMG I feel like I'm in São Paulo!!11!!!

I ended up dressing these badboys in a splash of vinegar and some black pepper to get crazy (as recommended by the recipe) and really enjoyed them for what they were.

No comments:

Post a Comment