Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Braised Potatos (with Kielbasa)

It was Sunday night and I was feeling a little Irish... So I decided to make Braised Potatoes (with the Kielbasa adaption), found in Bittman's How to Cook Everything, page 434?

The recipe was really quite easy! I lazily decided that I did not want to peel potatoes, so I cut out what was potentially the hardest part. When seasoning everything, I also added some paprika to the called for salt and pepper. I've found that I really like Kielbasa seasoned with paprika in the passed, and I thought it would work well with this. I ended up letting it cook for about 25ish minutes. This may have been a little on the long side, since some of the potatoes were getting close to mushy, but they still tasted good.

I personally thought it was a little on the bland side, however a friend I had try it thought it all tasted very much like the Kielbasa. For the future its definitely worth considering exploring the variations--either the cheddar cheese and beer, or horseradish, or maybe both!








No comments:

Post a Comment