Sunday, March 10, 2013

Oven Fried Chicken


Bittman pg. 657

This week I decided to try breaded chicken! I used the recipe in Bittman as more of a 'this is kinda how you do it' instead of following it exactly. For my version, I used boneless skinless chicken breast instead of a whole chicken and used their suggested egg-and-water substitution for the buttermilk.

Since I used the egg instead of buttermilk, I didn’t let the chicken soak in it. I added all my spices to the bread crumb mixture instead. I also added parmesan cheese to my bread crumbs. I cut the chicken breasts in half and dipped them in the egg and then covered them in the crumb mix and then baked it.


 

It was pretty tasty and easy to make with whatever spices I had on hand. I would definitely make this again, experimenting with different flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment