Sunday, March 10, 2013

Roasted Broccoli with Bleu Cheese


I have been eyeing this broccoli gratin recipe on page 269 ever since I first flipped through the book the day I bought it. Bleu cheese is one of my favorite kinds and how can one go wrong with roasted broccoli?! I was finally able to make it tonight because I went home for dinner on Sunday for the best meal I've had in a WHILE. (which might have something to do with the fact that I ate microwave mac and cheese for dinner yesterday...) Anyway, I thought this recipe was interesting because usually at home we use a jelly roll pan to roast broccoli so that each piece is almost completely exposed. This recipe called for a gratin pan, which created layers of broccoli. 


Raw broccoli with olive oil, garlic, and salt before oven round one

After adding breadcrumbs and cheese and cooking in oven round 2



Delicious meal!
This is the amazing meal I refered to; chicken picata, roasted potatoes, carrots, and onions, and the roasted broccoli! I'd call it quite a success. Mostly because my dad cooked the chicken though I suppose, as meat is not my strong suit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment