Sunday, March 3, 2013

Good Morning Omelet!!!

I went with a breakfast theme again this week; however, I decided to experiment with omelets. I looked at Bittman, p. 802-803, and used my own knowledge and experience to add my own touches to the omelet. I used three large cage-free eggs, scrambled them up in a bowl, then set them aside. Next I sauteed the vegetables a bit so that they would be cooked rather than raw in my omelet. I tried my best to lift and spread the egg mix underneath the omelet, but eventually I ended up just flipping it over once to make sure all of the egg base was thoroughly cooked. Next I placed the vegetables in the omelet, followed by the uncooked ones as well (such as avocado), then topped it off with some Parmesan cheese and salsa! It was WONDERFUL! :)










No comments:

Post a Comment