Monday, March 25, 2013

Challenge Recipe


I chose CVS as my corner store of choice for this challenge assignment. There was mostly pre-made meals and soups stocked on the shelves in the store but  I did see that they had various caned veggies and some noodles. There wasn’t much of a protein section so I decided to make a soup of my own.
I bought some chicken broth, canned corn, diced tomatoes, and some noodles for less than $7.




I threw all of the canned goods and half the bag of noodles into a crock pot with various spices I had in my pantry. I also added the bag of frozen greens we had been given in lab.


 
 
Unfortunately, I fell asleep shortly after putting this together and it spent more time cooking in the crock pot than I would have liked. The noodles were a little on the soft side but the soup still tasted delicious. CVS is known for being a little on the pricey side and this made way more than 2 servings so if this were to be made from ingredients at a grocery store, it would not be hard to add a protein and stay within budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment