Thursday, March 7, 2013

Millet/Cauliflower Mash & Veggie Dish! 

After this past week's lab- and not quite getting the millet/cauliflower mash to the right texture- I decided to take another stab at it at home! Also, I realized I am behind one recipe- not sure which week I forgot to blog a meal, but I hope this can make up for it! I love this recipe because it is simple, requires few ingredients, but at the same time is a great base to grow off of and be creative.

I used the same 1 cup of millet to 1 1/2 cups chopped cauliflower, then I did my own thing from there. I didn't have any garlic cloves, so I just used garlic powder- not as good as the real deal... I then steamed some kale and broccoli, put that on a plate, then topped it with the mash- which it wasn't as rough/textured as it was in lab, but it still wasn't quite as smooth as I was hoping. I will eventually get this down! Last, chopped up some tomatoes and avocado and topped the dish off with that.



The broccoli is hiding at the bottom.

I left the lid on longer and didn't stir as often- this helped to retain the moisture and allow the millet to "pop" more...
The final dish was wonderful! I had fun improvising. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment