Saturday, March 9, 2013

VEGGIE Lasagna

This week I wanted to make my favorite dish, Lasagna. However, as a vegetarian, I have never made or tasted a meatless lasagna. I noticed Mark Bittman had a vegetarian book that better suited in finding a recipe for vegetarian friendly mouths. My inspiration came from page 459 in his other book called How to Cook Everything Vegetarian .

My ingredients to substitute meat was Zucchini, Mushroom, Green peppers, and Onion. Also, the recipe included:

(added) Garlic
Black Pepper
Eggs
(added) Parmesan cheese
Ricotta cheese
Pasta sauce (vodka)
Lasagna Noodles
Vegetable Oil


Firstly, I chopped the vegetables finely and sauteed them for a bit to get soft. Then I added the pasta sauce on top to get the flavors to mix together. Secondly, I mixed the ricotta cheese and the eggs together on the side, this makes the divider between the noodles as well as the sauce.


This recipe was fairly simple and required a lot of waiting, not so much cooking.  When it was ready after 40 minutes in the oven, I let it cool and my roommates and I devoured it within minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment